Many people hate My Little Pony and the bronies. I can deal with that. But I'm not the only one to see that the fandom is dying.
My idea? We grew up VERY quickly. Now we have a lot of websites and a lot of bronies. That means some of us are:
b) People who don't "Love and tolerate"
c) Haters undercover
I don't want this fandom to die (Not this quickly, at least). Some people is still upset about the Ponyarchive affair, and many others are mad because Hasbro is taking down videos on YouTube. The solution is not rage-quitting. We need to stick together, and do our best to work with Hasbro and reach an agreement. And organize the fandom. If they want to draw R34 of ponies? Let'em do it, but in their own sites (Password protected, for Celestia's sake!).
A lot of fandoms (Gundam, Star Trek, Doctor Who...) have, or had, similar problems. A change could spark a war between the fans. Of course, they keep releasing new merchandise, but the key are the LOYAL fans. Those who supported the show and the people behind it.
Remember the six elements of harmony?
1) HONESTY : Think about it. Do you REALLY love the show? Are you ready to support Hasbro, even if is agaisnt the fandom? Everyone lies once in a while, but this is a "Get-in-or-get-out" kind of situation (We welcome back...with warnings)
2) KINDNESS : Some people REALLY hate the fandom, and they don't lack motivation. While we can love and tolerate the trolls, I've heard cases of bronies trying to "force" the show on others. Not cool.
3) LAUGHTER : Our memes are funny. Many people don't understand them, or are sick of them (Like the infamous "arrow to the knee"), and will find them just annoying. A joke, or a meme, is like a bomb: well placed is a blast. Oh, and they're tactical bombs, choose carefully your target.
4) GENEROSITY : While sharing episodes via YouTube so everypony in the planet can get his dosis of pony is a good cause, is not legal. However, is the only way for some bronies to watch the show, so we need to find a PEACEFULL solution to this problem. And don't panic or RAGE because the videos are being taken down. I have a couple of ideas over that dilemma, but I'm only suggesting them in a case of great emergency.
5) LOYALTY : This is it. We are loyal to this show. Hasbro, for better or for worse, is able to do ANYTHING with the franchise. We need to support both the fandom and the company, always trying to help.
6) MAGIC : Friendship, of course!
If the show gave us a lesson is that friendship is able to do marvels. I say, let's live by those words.